To improve the organization of the curbside and offer more comfort to those arriving or leaving the airport, a new system for the access of vehicle was implemented, which is a reference in international airports.
What will the new vehicular access to the airport curbside look like?
- There will be barriers on the entrance and exit accesses.
- it’s possible to go directly to the parking lots or to go to the curbside, where there will be 10 minutes for pick-up or drop off.
- If the tolerance time is exceeded, there will be the charge of BRL 20 for every extra 10 minutes.
- Tourist buses, tourist vans and intercity buses must enter through the gate and go to the Bus Station, using the same ticket.
- Accredited taxis, car rental vans (Localiza, Movida and Unidas), municipal buses and authorities must enter through the gate system and go to the spaces marked on the curbside.
- People with disabilities who need more than 10 minutes for curbside pick-up or drop-off should send an e-mail to email@example.com with the subject: “PCD – utilização meio-fio” (or “Person with disability - curbside access”), containing their full name, flight date, number, and time, airline and valid copy of the person with disability certificate, as provided for in Law No. 13.146/15, and a signed copy of the LGPD Consent Form The email must be sent at least 72 hours before the flight date. The maximum grace period is 30 minutes (including the standard 10-minute pediod).
- Applicants will receive a QR Code by email to validate their ticket.
- Upon arrival at the airport, pick up a ticket at the entrance gate and drive to the designated curbside spaces.
- After using the curbside space for passenger pick-up or drop-off, if extra time is needed (maximum of 30 minutes, including the standard 10-minute pediod), you must validate the ticket at the exit totem using the QR Code received by email.
- To validate your ticket, you don’t need to get out of the car. Simply scan your ticket at the exit gate and then the QR code.
To have extra curbside pick-up/drop-off time, you must apply following the procedure outlined above.
Click here to learn more.